Women's trip to Iceland
7 - 16 july 2020 - Become a dóttir* in Iceland!
Come to Iceland on a 10 days/9 nights journey with a group of women experiencing the power of Icelandic women and gender equality throughout history.
Iceland is known for its strong women — and we would like you to become one of them! Travel
in the footsteps of powerful Icelandic women throughout the country’s history, getting to know figures from the time of settlement in the 9th century until modern times. Amidst leisurely outdoor activities, you’ll hear women’s stories every step of the way. Over the course of just 10 days, you’ll meet contemporary entrepreneurs, learn about the hardship and determination of settlement-era women, gain insight into the feminine side of the medieval era, witness the skill and expertise of fisherwomen and follow Agnes Magnúsdóttir — the last Icelander to be executed — in her last steps.
What’s more, you’ll eat delicious local food, enjoy Icelandic beer and chocolate, have fun, laugh,
cry, bond and make new friends. Get ready to become a dóttir * in Iceland!
● Travel along the Snæfellsnes peninsula, taking short hikes through magnificent
landscapes — with history at every turn
● Go horseback riding in the valley of Skagafjörður, home to countless Icelandic horses
● Meet a medieval prophetess and fortune-teller
● Watch for whales in Akureyri
● Visit Siglufjörður, the town from the TV series Trapped
● Hear the story of Agnes Magnúsdóttir — the last Icelander to be executed — and visit
the area where she lived and died
● Visit entrepreneurs who make beauty products from Icelandic herbs and plants
● See local workshops, handicraft museums and exhibitions
● Eat scrumptious meals at local restaurants, try local beer and snack on loads of
● Meet Icelanders and get a better understanding of their culture
● Stroll through Reykjavík, visiting the capital city’s sights on your own time
● Take a trip to the famous Blue Lagoon (optional)
Price: 3950 USD, min 12 guests.
COST: 3,950* USD * Due to the high cost of Iceland tourism ad the volatility of the Krona (Iceland's currency) the final cost will depend on the number of travellers and exchange rate at the time of the final payment (and will not exceed an additional $450).
INCLUDED: The cost includes all lodging, based on double occupancy, all meals (except one lunch during your free day in Reykjavik,) all group land transfers with motor coach, 1 tour leader & local guides, all group activities (as listed above),
NOT INCLUDED: Roundtrip airfare, extra activities/sites, extra purchases (such as souvenirs, alcoholic beverages, snacks and lodging sundries), local driver and guide tips, laundry services and travel insurance.
* “Dóttir” is the Icelandic word for “daughter.”